The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 111 – January 14, 2019 – Why Every Homesteader Should Also Be A Prepper.
On This podcast episode I discuss a few things homesteaders should be doing to practice preparedness for when or if disaster strikes in any form.
- Spent some time this weekend at a friends homestead and built a cattle panel/pallet greenhouse.
- Processed a few rabbits.
- Continuing to eat abundantly from the greenhouse.
- I have really taken healthy eating to another level by taking action.
Why Every Homesteader Should Also Be A Prepper
Discussed in this podcast episode.
What Is A Prepper?
Reasons To Be A Prepper
- There is no downside
- Because Things Happen
- It Reduces Stress
- It Creates Freedom
- It Could Save Yours Or A Family Members Life
How To Get Started Prepping
- Water Storage
- Food Storage
- Medical Preparedness
- Power Backup
- Preparedness Through Sustainability
- Natural Disaster Preparations – Drills
- Livestock Care Plan
- Create Emergency Information Documentation
- Bug Out Bags
- Bug Out Locations
This Podcast Made Possible By:
Those Who Join Our Homestead Forum Membership Community.
Learn More about the Benefits of Membership by Clicking Become A Member
Submit A Question For The Podcast
You can send your questions by Calling or Texting in your questions to our Voicemail at 765-203-1949. Submit questions as often as you like.
Show Notes For This Episode Can Be Found At:
What Are Folks Saying About The Modern Homesteading Podcast?
Been listening to you for years now, Harold. Love hearing about you and your family and all the wonderful things you've been doing on your homestead. God bless.
This is one of my favorite podcasts! I look forward to getting each new episode and really appreciate the balance it has between inspiration and practical advice. The topics cover such a wide range of homesteading areas that there is something for everyone - no matter where you are in your homesteading journey.
My favorite podcast!
I listen to a lot of podcasts but when this one pops up in my player with a new episode I listen right away, I never miss an episode! Keep up the great work!
Harold has a wealth of knowledge and experiences
Latest posts by Harold
- Using A Small Greenhouse All Year Long - May 26, 2019
- Grow Mushrooms Where You Can’t Grow Anything Else - May 19, 2019
- Homesteading and Market Gardening With Guest Jason Smith - May 12, 2019