The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 119 – April 7, 2019 – Townhouse Homesteading with Guest Ashley Dempster.
On this podcast episode I’m joined by homesteader and blogger Ashley Dempster of Townhouse Homestead as we discuss the many things she is doing to homestead even though she has very little space.
- Growing A Scoby For Kombucha Experiment
- Mulching Flower Beds and Pathways
- Playing Where’s Waldo With The Quail After Leaving The Cage Door Open
- Grandson Falling Down With A Jacket Pocket Full Of Eggs.
- Actually got to spend a whole day working outside in the garden doing prep and cleanup.
In The News
- The Weekly “News From Around The Bend” Article From Small Scale Life
Townhouse Homesteading with Guest Ashley Dempster
Ashley lives in Calgary, Canada with her fiancé and they homestead in a 1400 sqft urban townhouse with a tiny front and back yard. She also blogs about her journey at townhousehomestead.com
- The why and how she got started homesteading
- How she homesteads in a townhouse
- Small space and indoor gardening
- Her future plans for homesteading
- Fishing, foraging, cooking, needle work and more
- Ashley’s Website – https://townhousehomestead.com/
- Townhouse Homestead on Instagram
- AeroGarden Hydroponic Indoor Gardens
Homestead Recipe Of The Week:
Fall Garden Jambalaya
This weeks recipe comes in Angie from Marshland Acres
Send In Your Favorite Homestead Recipe:
If you would like to send in an audio recording of some of your favorite homestead recipes I would love to add one each week to the podcast.
Here is how you might do that. Most cell phones usually have a recording app installed that you could use.
Example Format might be:
This is (name) from (website or Facebook page or homestead name) and a recipe I like and want to share with you today is …
Try and keep the recording between 1 to 5 minutes and it doesn’t have to be perfect.
When you’re done recording and satisfied with how it sounds just email it to me at email@example.com and I will add it to a future episode.
If you have a website or Facebook page for your homestead I will also add a link in the shownotes.
Submit A Question For The Podcast
You can send your questions by Calling or Texting in your questions to our Voicemail at 765-203-1949. Submit questions as often as you like.
This Podcast Made Possible By:
- Those Who Join Our Homestead Forum Membership Community. Learn More about the Benefits of Membership by Clicking Become A Member.
- Those who shop through Amazon using our affiliate link.
- Those who share this podcast with others.
- Companies and individuals who partner with us for advertising, sponsorship and support through our membership.
Show Notes For This Episode Can Be Found At:
“No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden.”
What Are Folks Saying About The Modern Homesteading Podcast?
Been listening to you for years now, Harold. Love hearing about you and your family and all the wonderful things you've been doing on your homestead. God bless.
This is one of my favorite podcasts! I look forward to getting each new episode and really appreciate the balance it has between inspiration and practical advice. The topics cover such a wide range of homesteading areas that there is something for everyone - no matter where you are in your homesteading journey.
My favorite podcast!
I listen to a lot of podcasts but when this one pops up in my player with a new episode I listen right away, I never miss an episode! Keep up the great work!
Harold has a wealth of knowledge and experiences