Today on the podcast we begin with Day 1 of our 30 days of homesteading Q&A where I have reached out to some of the best bloggers and podcasters in the homesteading space to answer your questions about homesteading. Each episode will feature one question and answer for 30 episodes.
Today’s question is “I’m thinking about pursuing an off-grid lifestyle, what are some things I should deeply consider before taking any big steps towards this?”
Questions like this are exactly the reason I wanted to host these question and answer episodes because I’m not an off-grid homesteader and really don’t plan to be so I could never answer this question adequately. Instead I passed this question on to someone who is homesteading this way and can answer your question.
Here to answer this question is Teri Page from Homestead-Honey.com with some excellent advice for the person considering an off-grid lifestyle.
Teri talks with us about many things to consider such as:
- compliance to code
- levels of off-grid living
- off-grid life experience
- Solar Power
- Water catchment and storage
- Utilizing resources to gain knowledge
Check out more from Teri on her blog and her social media pages:
- Blog: Homestead Honey (http://homestead-honey.com)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/
- Backwoods Solar – http://www.backwoodssolar.
If you are benefiting from and enjoying these podcasts please subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher and leave us a rating and review to help others find this podcast. You can also use the RSS Feed to subscribe through your favorite podcast player.
Latest posts by Harold (see all)
- Recommended Item Of The Week: LaMotte Garden Soil Test Kit - February 20, 2019
- All The Dirt On Living The Good Life With Guest Kirsten Lie-Nielsen - February 18, 2019
- How To Plant Trees On Your Homestead - February 13, 2019