The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 94 – June 25, 2018 – The Good, Bad and Ugly About Growing Bamboo.
Question For Today’s Podcast Episode:
April asks: Bamboo: pros and cons. I recently learned that it’s a breeding ground for ticks which would be enough for me NOT to plant it, but otherwise I’d really like to. I’d love more info.
- The benefits of bamboo. Construction material, privacy screens, culinary, medicinal, charcoal.
- The problems with growing bamboo.
- Different types of bamboo. Over 1500 varieties. Running and Clumping.
- Who might want to grow it. Those who have space and a purpose.
- Who definitely wants to avoid growing it.
- More info on clumping bamboo varieties – http://www.bamboogarden.com/Hardy%20clumping.htm
- Article demonstrating the potential problem of planting running bamboo on small property – https://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2011/07/thickening_stand_of_bamboo_is.html
The Homestead Life:
A segment where each episode I share something that’s better in my life because of homesteading.
Berry harvesting season! I call it natures candy but it’s healthy. I love strolling through the homestead and grabbing handfuls of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and whatever else I can get my hands on. If I don’t eat them all fresh from the garden and some make it to the kitchen we make cobblers, pies, juice, jellies and jams. My life is better because of berry harvesting on the homestead!
Submit A Question For The Podcast
You can send your questions to email@example.com – or – Call or Text in your questions to our Voicemail at 765-203-1949. Submit questions as often as you like.
This Podcast Made Possible By:
Those Who Join Our Homestead Forum Membership Community.
Learn More about the Benefits of Membership at https://thehomesteadforum.com
Show Notes For This Episode Can Be Found At:
Latest posts by Harold
- Grow Mushrooms Where You Can’t Grow Anything Else - May 19, 2019
- Homesteading and Market Gardening With Guest Jason Smith - May 12, 2019
- Gardening In A Hoophouse With Guest Pam Dawling - April 28, 2019