Possibilities In Urban Homesteading
Folks have been asking for a complete tour of our Urban Homestead for a while now so I thought it was about time I did that.
What I hope to accomplish with this video
I don’t do things like this just to get visits or subscribers, my agenda in all of my online social media posts always runs a little deeper than that. This post is no different and I hope to accomplish 3 things.
First, I hope to inspire someone to start homesteading right now, right where they are. I have met far too many people (I used to be this person) who dream one day of starting a homestead and are just waiting to acquire that perfect forever homestead on many acres where they can make all their dreams come true. Many times these folks live in an urban or suburban area with anywhere from a tenth of an acre (postage stamp) lot to a half acre of land and they think they wouldn’t be able to do any significant homesteading on a property like this. Maybe this video can change your mind.
Second, I hope to educate someone on the possibilities of small scale homesteading. So much can be accomplished in a small space and if more people were to start growing a significant amount of healthy, organic food in their very own yards many things could change for them and if enough people changed it could change the world.
And Third, I hope to change someone’s perspective on urban homesteading. Many people have an idea in their mind that homesteading means things look untidy, maybe even filthy and possibly unsanitary. Having an urban homestead can be a beautiful property which adds value to a community.
Some books that helped and inspired me along the way:
- Gaia’s Garden: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture – https://amzn.to/2KUwQlk
- All New Square Foot Gardening, Second Edition – https://amzn.to/2KBLYVz
- The Backyard Homestead: Produce all the food you need on just a quarter acre! – https://amzn.to/2KE8UDn
Latest posts by Harold (see all)
- Recommended Item Of The Week: LaMotte Garden Soil Test Kit - February 20, 2019
- All The Dirt On Living The Good Life With Guest Kirsten Lie-Nielsen - February 18, 2019
- How To Plant Trees On Your Homestead - February 13, 2019