Having a greenhouse, even a small one can be very useful on the homestead, we use ours in all four seasons. In this video I talk about some things I do to transition the greenhouse over for growing a few things through the winter.
Some of the things I do to help us grow food in the winter.
- Partially insulate the greenhouse using bubble wrap.
- Paint jugs of water black and place throughout the greenhouse to create a “battery” that stores heat through the day and releases throughout the night.
- Use a thermostat controlled electric heater to heat the greenhouse.
- Collect rainwater with a water collection system I installed in the greenhouse.
The greenhouse I have is a Palram Nature Harmony Greenhouse, 6′ wide x 8′ long – https://amzn.to/2yCxixs
Latest posts by Harold (see all)
- Recommended Item Of The Week: Home Canning With Confidence - January 18, 2019
- Why Every Homesteader Should Also Be A Prepper - January 14, 2019
- How To Prepare A Bug Out Bag - January 13, 2019