Having a greenhouse, even a small one can be very useful on the homestead, we use ours in all four seasons. In this video I talk about some things I do to transition the greenhouse over for growing a few things through the winter.
Some of the things I do to help us grow food in the winter.
- Partially insulate the greenhouse using bubble wrap.
- Paint jugs of water black and place throughout the greenhouse to create a “battery” that stores heat through the day and releases throughout the night.
- Use a thermostat controlled electric heater to heat the greenhouse.
- Collect rainwater with a water collection system I installed in the greenhouse.
The greenhouse I have is a Palram Nature Harmony Greenhouse, 6′ wide x 8′ long – https://amzn.to/2yCxixs
Latest posts by Harold
- Grow Mushrooms Where You Can’t Grow Anything Else - May 19, 2019
- Homesteading and Market Gardening With Guest Jason Smith - May 12, 2019
- Gardening In A Hoophouse With Guest Pam Dawling - April 28, 2019