The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 83 – May 21, 2018 – Planting Trees and Shrubs In Less Than Ideal Soil.
Question For Today’s Podcast Episode:
Alexandra Asks – What is the best way to prepare the soil for planting trees and shrubs, on property that has hard compacted grey soil, with no nice top soil, only enough for grass to barely penetrate. How long would you take before hand to prep your tree spot?
- The new show format.
- The potential problems with the soil described.
- How to check the soil.
- Soil Drainage Perk Test.
- How to correct and prepare the soil.
- How to plant a tree for best success.
- The Backyard Orchardist: A complete guide to growing fruit trees in the home garden, 2nd Edition – https://amzn.to/2LdnwGD
- Howard Garrett, The Dirt Doctor – https://www.dirtdoctor.com/
The Homestead Life:
A segment where each episode I share something that’s better in my life because of homesteading.
Enjoying chores around the homestead with my grandson the other day. Feeding animals, seed starting in the greenhouse, adding compost and soil to the raised beds, whatever I was doing he was right there beside me convinced he was helping.
Being able to pass on homesteading skills, work ethic and a love of the lifestyle to my grandchildren is a great part of the homestead life.
Submit A Question For The Podcast
You can send your questions to email@example.com – or – Call or Text in your questions to our Voicemail at 765-203-1949. Submit questions as often as you like.
This Podcast Made Possible By:
- Those Who Join Our Homestead Forum Membership Community. Learn More at https://thehomesteadforum.com
- Those Who Encourage Us By Leaving An iTunes Review or Sharing This Podcast
Show Notes For This Episode Can Be Found At: