The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 114 – February 11, 2019 – Family Homesteading With Guest Teri Page.
On today’s podcast episode I’m joined by Teri Page to discuss her new book “Family Homesteading: The Ultimate Guide to Self-Sufficiency for the Whole Family” and her family’s journey into homesteading and what that has been like with and for her kids.
- Crazy fluctuating temperatures
- Dealing with ear mites in rabbit
- Grandson’s birthday party. I can’t believe he is 2 already.
- Wanting to add a new segment to the show but that is up to you to help me with.
If anyone is interested in sending in an audio recording of some of your favorite homestead recipes I would love to add one each week to the podcast.
Here is how you might do that. Most cell phones usually have a recording app installed that you could use.
Example Format might be:
This is (name) from (website or Facebook page or homestead name) and a recipe I like and want to share with you today is …
Try and keep the recording between 1 to 5 minutes and it doesn’t have to be perfect.
When you’re done recording and satisfied with how it sounds just email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add it to a future episode.
I hope a few of you might be interested in doing this to add a little variety to the podcast and so we can get a few great recipes to try.
If you have a website or Facebook page for your homestead I will also add a link in the shownotes.
Family Homesteading With Guest Teri Page
Teri Page is the creator of the popular homesteading blog, Homestead Honey, and the author of Family Homesteading. Her homesteading adventures range over 20 years and three states, from Oregon, where she learned how to grow food and raise livestock, to Missouri, where her family built an off the grid homestead from scratch, to Vermont, where she currently lives with her husband and two children.
- Teri’s journey into the homesteading lifestyle.
- Her off the grid homestead in Missouri.
- The experience and differences of homesteading before and after children.
- How her children take part in the homesteading lifestyle.
- Teri’s book “Family Homesteading: The Ultimate Guide to Self-Sufficiency for the Whole Family”
- How busy parents can fit homesteading into their lives.
- Action steps that parents can take to give their kids homesteading skills.
- Teri’s Website – https://homestead-honey.com/
- Teri’s Book – Family Homesteading: The Ultimate Guide to Self-Sufficiency for the Whole Family
- Teri’s Previous appearance on the podcast – Things To Consider Before Pursuing An Off-Grid Lifestyle
This Podcast Made Possible By:
Those Who Join Our Homestead Forum Membership Community.
Learn More about the Benefits of Membership by Clicking Become A Member
Submit A Question For The Podcast
You can send your questions by Calling or Texting in your questions to our Voicemail at 765-203-1949. Submit questions as often as you like.
Show Notes For This Episode Can Be Found At:
What Are Folks Saying About The Modern Homesteading Podcast?
Been listening to you for years now, Harold. Love hearing about you and your family and all the wonderful things you've been doing on your homestead. God bless.
This is one of my favorite podcasts! I look forward to getting each new episode and really appreciate the balance it has between inspiration and practical advice. The topics cover such a wide range of homesteading areas that there is something for everyone - no matter where you are in your homesteading journey.
My favorite podcast!
I listen to a lot of podcasts but when this one pops up in my player with a new episode I listen right away, I never miss an episode! Keep up the great work!
Harold has a wealth of knowledge and experiences