On today’s podcast episode I’m joined by Cindy Patterson. Cindy and her family live on a 700 acre farm/homestead in Saskatchewan Canada and are doing a little bit of everything to be as self sufficient as they can be.
Cindy and I discuss:
- The livestock they are raising; cattle, a milk cow, goats, rabbits, quail and chickens.
- Using nature to provide for their homestead by hunting, foraging, and trapping.
- Gardening vegetables and herbs.
- Different methods of food preservation
- Other homesteading skills such as soap making, sewing, knitting, making herbal medicine and homemade household cleaning products.
- Winter preparedness
- Teaching her children homesteading skills.
- Community building and sharing with others the homesteading lifestyle.
Resources and links from today’s episode:
- Cindy’s Homestead Facebook Page – Homestead Therapy
- Homestead Front Porch Facebook Group
- Mother Earth News Homesteading Summit
Find The Shownotes For This Episode At https://smalltownhomestead.com/44
Latest posts by Harold
- Using A Small Greenhouse All Year Long - May 26, 2019
- Grow Mushrooms Where You Can’t Grow Anything Else - May 19, 2019
- Homesteading and Market Gardening With Guest Jason Smith - May 12, 2019