The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 112 – January 27, 2019 – A Discussion With John Moody, Author Of The Frugal Homesteader.
On today’s podcast episode I have a chat with John Moody. John discovered more than a decade ago that his diet was killing him, with duodenal ulcers, seasonal allergies, and other health problems. So, the family began to transition to local foods and local food distribution. Eventually, he relocated his family to 35 acres of land to put his learning into practice. He is the founder of the Whole Life Buying Club, and also speaks at many local, regional, and national events on food, farming, and nutrition. Author of the Frugal Homesteader Handbook, he has three books forthcoming to help growers and gardeners, including one on weed control and one on elderberry.
- It’s really cold outside with more ice and snow in the forecast.
- Dealing with frozen water bottles and bowls.
- Only trying to keep cooler weather crops alive at this point in the greenhouse.
A Discussion With John Moody, Author Of The Frugal Homesteader
Discussed in this podcast episode.
- John’s journey into homesteading because of health issues at a young age.
- Why he started Whole Life Buying Club.
- What he is doing on his 35 acre homestead.
- His book “The Frugal Homesteader: Living The Good Life On Less”
- Circumventing government regulation in order to run a successful homesteading business.
- Making a homestead profitable.
- Kids and homesteading.
- The upcoming conference that he and Joel Salatin are working on called the Rogue Food Conference.
- Many other topics.
John’s Book – The Frugal Homesteader: Living The Good Life On Less
John’s Website – https://homesteaderhandbook.com/
Other Books Mentioned:
Joel Salatin –
This Podcast Made Possible By:
Those Who Join Our Homestead Forum Membership Community.
Learn More about the Benefits of Membership by Clicking Become A Member
Submit A Question For The Podcast
You can send your questions by Calling or Texting in your questions to our Voicemail at 765-203-1949. Submit questions as often as you like.
Show Notes For This Episode Can Be Found At:
What Are Folks Saying About The Modern Homesteading Podcast?
Been listening to you for years now, Harold. Love hearing about you and your family and all the wonderful things you've been doing on your homestead. God bless.
This is one of my favorite podcasts! I look forward to getting each new episode and really appreciate the balance it has between inspiration and practical advice. The topics cover such a wide range of homesteading areas that there is something for everyone - no matter where you are in your homesteading journey.
My favorite podcast!
I listen to a lot of podcasts but when this one pops up in my player with a new episode I listen right away, I never miss an episode! Keep up the great work!
Harold has a wealth of knowledge and experiences