On today’s podcast episode I’m joined by Melinda Lee, a homesteader in Ohio with a passion for working with and building community around gardening and homesteading. Melinda has a website called “The Homesteading and Preparedness Collective” where she shares about her urban homestead along with other useful information to help others down their own homesteading paths.
Melinda and I discuss:
- Where her passion began and her journey into homesteading.
- The garden she has planted on her urban homestead, raised beds and rain garden.
- The perennials she has planted.
- The challenges of homesteading in a busy area as she is located next to a school.
- Food preservation and preparation.
- We talk a lot about Melinda’s community involvement with festivals and groups in her area.
- Her future projects for her homestead and in the community.
- We also talk about why she thinks spreading the love of homesteading and gardening is so important.
- and Much More.
Melinda’s Website: hpc-community.com
Find The Shownotes For This Episode At http://smalltownhomestead.com/53
Latest posts by Harold (see all)
- All About Comfrey On The Homestead - May 21, 2017
- 21 Ideas To Help You Grow A Lot Of Food On A Small Homestead - April 23, 2017
- Healthy Spring Cleaning Tips For Your Homestead - April 9, 2017