The main topic of today’s podcast is about identifying common problems with tomato plants and organic ways to fix the problems. This is a question I get asked often and I see being asked all over social media, “what’s going on with my tomato plant?” and I have to say it’s a good question because in the many years I have been growing tomatoes I’ve discovered they are a fickle plant and at one time or another i’ve had about every problem with them.
I will discuss in the podcast:
- Early Blight
- Late or Fire Blight
- Septoria Leaf Spot
- Yellow leaves
- Wilting Leaves
- Cracks in Tomatoes
- Organic Solutions to these Common Problems.
Also I will talk about what’s new on my homestead and share a few thoughts on world events.
Resources Mentioned on Today’s Show:
- USA blight, a national website that acts as an information portal on late blight. http://usablight.org/
- A product I mentioned as a booster for tomato plants, Biowash.
- Recipe for the cornmeal juice mixture I mentioned is from DirtDoctor.com as is listed among several other organic gardening recipes at this link- https://www.dirtdoctor.com/garden/Organic-Recipes-Homemade_vq429.htm
Latest posts by Harold (see all)
- Q & A Episode: Mistakes, Regrets, Farm Sitters, Soil Tests and More - December 10, 2017
- The Underappreciated Mulberry Tree - December 3, 2017
- Pioneer Roots: Interview with Melissa K. Norris - November 19, 2017