Video Tour of Our Garden Trellises
Taking an early morning stroll around the garden and casually sharing about the different trellises we use.
Making Zucchini Chips
If you’re looking for an enjoyable snack and have some extra zucchini (who doesn’t if you’re growing zucchini) than you might enjoy this delicious and simple recipe. I made some last night and enjoyed them after dinner. It’s not something you would want to eat a ton of in one sitting but good none the less.
Simple Zucchini Chips Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 2 hours
- 1 Medium Size Zucchini
- Olive Oil
- Slice zucchini thin using a mandoline.
- Put sliced zucchini in bowl and lightly coat with olive oil and add a little salt.
- Spread out slices on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 2 hours at 225 degrees or until crisp.
Fighting the Blight
After making the trellis video I noticed some signs of early blight on my tomato plants so I thought I better take care of that. I started by removing the affected leaves and branches with a pair of scissors. I was careful to disinfect the scissors after every cut by dipping them in a jar of water with a tsp of bleach so that I didn’t spread the fungus.
Next I mixed up a batch of spray that would suppress the fungus. I went with a Cornmeal Juice solution made by soaking whole ground cornmeal in water at one cup per 5 gallons of water for about an hour. I also mixed this solution with some compost tea and added a little liquified garlic. I then strained out all the solid material and put it in a sprayer and thoroughly soaked the foliage and soil around the plants. I then took the soaked cornmeal and spread it around the plants.
I made enough of the spray to repeat the process a couple more times over the next few days. I will continue to keep a close eye on it but this should do the trick.
Latest posts by Harold (see all)
- Homesteaders Need To Know About Coccidiosis - January 13, 2018
- Announcements and Recommendations - December 23, 2017
- Q & A Episode: Mistakes, Regrets, Farm Sitters, Soil Tests and More - December 10, 2017