In this episode of the Modern Homesteading Podcast, Kelly and Troy McClung guest host again. The core of the discussion is how to raise hogs on your homestead for free or for profit. Kelly and Troy detail how they raise pastured pork on their homestead and how it is a valuable revenue stream to support their homesteading expansion endeavors.
They explain how you can turn a profit with raising 3 hogs and selling 2 of them to customers. Troy breaks down his feed costs for the last year and explains how his hogs finished for processing. All of this data is explained and profit margin is illustrated.
Other topics include:
- updates on their homestead – redtoolhouse.com
- Ordering broilers for the spring
- Not talking about homeschooling (which they do anyway)
- Why it is so fun to raise pigs
You can find more information about their pastured pork profit summary on their youtube channel at Ep 14: Get Paid to Raise Pigs on Your Homestead or read about their homesteading endeavors at redtoolhouse.com
Find The Shownotes For This Episode At http://smalltownhomestead.com/56
Latest posts by Troy McClung (see all)
- Pastured Pork For Free Or For Profit - February 19, 2017
- Continuing To Turn An Old, Run-Down Appalachian Property Into A Functional Farm - February 12, 2017