Books have always played a big part in my life and while video’s, podcasts and blog posts are useful, the book will always be my favorite resource.
I find homesteading related books particularly helpful and enjoyable as I like to have information for gardening, food preparation, foraging, permaculture and just about anything else that could possibly have anything to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Here is a small list of my favorite homesteading books.
- Rodale’s Ultimate Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening: The Indispensable Green Resource for Every Gardener – by
- How to Grow More Vegetables, Ninth Edition: (and Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains, and Other Crops) Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land with Less Water Than You Can Imagine – by
- The Market Gardener: A Successful Grower’s Handbook for Small-scale Organic Farming – by Jean-Martin Fortier
“If You Have A Garden And A Library, You Have Everything You Need.” -Cicero
Latest posts by Harold (see all)
- Homesteading Saved My Life! - July 20, 2017
- Homesteads Aren’t Fueled by Rainbows and Unicorn Farts - July 15, 2017
- My Favorite Homesteading Books - July 2, 2017