On today’s podcast I’m joined by Jen Sharpin from TheEasyHomestead.com. Jen Shares with us about her Journey from no homesteading experience living in Florida to a 15 acre homestead in South Carolina to a 45 acre homestead in Virginia.
Jen and I discuss several topics like:
- Her family’s bold jump into the homesteading lifestyle.
- The unfortunate events that opened up her eyes to a lifestyle change.
- Her motivations for sharing their homesteading journey on her blog.
- The problems with today’s food systems.
- The plans her family has to share their healthy food with others by operating a small commercial farm.
- Advice for beginner homesteaders.
- Jen’s Website: The Easy Homestead
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/theeasyhomestead
- Email: Jen@theeasyhomestead.com
Jen was an awesome guest and she has a great blog with a lot of useful information.Check it out and let Jen know you appreciate all she is doing to help others along in their homesteading journey.
“This magical, marvelous food on our plate, this sustenance we absorb, has a story to tell. It has a journey. It leaves a footprint. It leaves a legacy. To eat with reckless abandon, without conscience, without knowledge; folks, this ain’t normal.”
― Joel Salatin, Folks, This Ain’t Normal: A Farmer’s Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People, and a Better World
Latest posts by Harold (see all)
- Thoughts On Hugelkultur, Food Forests, Aquaponics and Other Popular Food Growing Methods - March 19, 2017
- Passing On A Homesteading Legacy and Getting Started Homesteading Without Land - February 26, 2017
- Recommended Item Of The Week: Range Kleen Battery Organizer - January 31, 2017