Today is Day 3 of our 30 days of homesteading Q&A on the podcast where I have reached out to some of the best bloggers and podcasters in the homesteading space to answer your questions about homesteading. Each episode features one question and answer for 30 episodes.
Today’s Question is “What’s the easiest way to get started with fermenting food? I would really like to do it for the health benefits but it seems a little bit overwhelming to get started because I have never done it.”
Answering the question today is Jenise Fryatt, co-host of the Sustainable Living Podcast. I would encourage to go and check out her podcast if you want to hear more great advice about living a sustainable life.
Jenise discusses the benefits of fermented foods and helps you get started by teaching us one of the easiest ways to ferment, making sauerkraut. She gives us a step by step instructions on how to make this beneficial, great tasting food. After you hear Jenise describe the process you will have no trouble getting started with confidence.
You can find out more about Jenise and her podcast at her website and social media pages:
- Website: The Sustainable Living Podcast (http://sustainablelivingpodcast.com)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sustainablelivingpodcast
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/sustlivingpod
If you are benefiting from and enjoying these podcasts please subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher and leave us a rating and review to help others find this podcast. You can also use the RSS Feed to subscribe through your favorite podcast player.
Latest posts by Harold (see all)
- Q & A Episode: Mistakes, Regrets, Farm Sitters, Soil Tests and More - December 10, 2017
- The Underappreciated Mulberry Tree - December 3, 2017
- Pioneer Roots: Interview with Melissa K. Norris - November 19, 2017