Dandelion is known to be high in Vitamin C and Antioxidants and my favorite form of weed control is to just consume these tasty and healthy plants. Here is one of my favorite dandelion recipes for a nice spring time drink. Enjoy!
A delightful dandelion drink.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 4g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 8 oz water
- A handful of dandelion blossoms (about 1/3-1/2 cup)
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sugar/honey/any preferred sweetener to taste
- Boil water.
- Put dandelion blossoms in a cup.
- Add boiling water to cup, fully immersing blossoms.
- For hot beverage, let steep for 5 minutes and add lemon juice and sweetener.
- For cold beverage, let sit in refrigerator until chilled and add lemon juice and sweetener.
Small Town Homestead http://smalltownhomestead.com/
Latest posts by Harold (see all)
- Homesteaders Need To Know About Coccidiosis - January 13, 2018
- Announcements and Recommendations - December 23, 2017
- Q & A Episode: Mistakes, Regrets, Farm Sitters, Soil Tests and More - December 10, 2017