This is a picture of how our cucumbers looked just a short time ago and the video below shows them now. Just halfway through the growing season and the cucumbers are doing great! This is what you can do with a small raised bed and only four plants. Who says you can't grow your own food in town!
Now what do you do with them?
- You could just eat em' with a little salt or ranch dressing
- Make your own pickles. Here is a link to a site with a good recipe - http://www.pickyourown.org/makingpickles.htm
- Maybe make some relish. Here is a site with a good recipe for that - http://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2013/06/28/sweet-pickle-relish-recipe-quick-and-easy-to-eat-fresh-or-canned/
- I love to just slice them up and put it on my salad, nothing better than that.
How are your cucumbers coming along and what are you doing with them? Let us know.
Latest posts by Harold (see all)
- All About Comfrey On The Homestead - May 21, 2017
- 21 Ideas To Help You Grow A Lot Of Food On A Small Homestead - April 23, 2017
- Healthy Spring Cleaning Tips For Your Homestead - April 9, 2017