On today’s podcast my guest is Heather Eby. Heather and her family have a ten acre homestead in Kansas and they are building their homestead by adding one new thing at a time. Heather is a wonderful story teller and blogger with a real passion for homesteading.
Heather and I discuss:
- Why she became a homesteader.
- The slow progress of her homestead rather than trying to do too many new things at once.
- The variety of livestock on her homestead: chickens, ducks, sheep, goats, and dairy cows.
- Some great predator stories: snakes, foxes and coyotes.
- A walk through her garden. What she’s growing and the layout.
- Her one tree orchard. 🙂
- Some thoughts on future plans for her homestead.
You can check out more about Heather and her homestead at her blog – https://selfsufficiencyandotherassortedhijinks.wordpress.com/
Other subjects of today’s podcast:
The Home Grown Food Summit 2015
Own The Entire Home Grown Food Summit 2015 Complete With All 30+ Presentations By The World’s Leading Experts
Latest posts by Harold (see all)
- Thoughts On Hugelkultur, Food Forests, Aquaponics and Other Popular Food Growing Methods - March 19, 2017
- Passing On A Homesteading Legacy and Getting Started Homesteading Without Land - February 26, 2017
- Recommended Item Of The Week: Range Kleen Battery Organizer - January 31, 2017